Players can fish in the world of Lumios and immerse themselves into the beautiful scenery. Gold and cooking materials can be obtained from the fish caught.
It may sound easy, but the fish in Lumios are tougher than expected.
- Fishing Tools and Bait
- Getting Ready to Fish
- Start Fishing
- How to Use Fish
Fishing tools and bait are required in order to fish. There are 3 categories of fishing tools: rod, reel, and wire.
▲ Example of fishing tools and bait.
- Rod: Rods with higher sensitivity provide more hooking time.
- Reel: Reels with higher torque lets you pull fish out of the water faster.
- Wire: Wires with higher tension allows you to last longer against the fish's resistance.
- Bait: Bait is categorized into worms, fish powder, mixed bait, special cut pieces, and meat chop pieces, etc. Each fish prefers a different type of bait.
You must complete the side quest given by the [Fishing Tool Merchant] to obtain the starter fishing tools.
▲ Quest from the “Fishing Tool Merchant”
Fishing tools also can be purchased from a Fishing Tool Merchant using Gold or Regional Contest Trophies.
Regional Contest Trophies are obtained by completing regional quests.
▲ Fishing Tool Merchant
To start fishing, all fishing tools must be equipped and you must have bait.
[Equipping Fishing Tools]
1. Go to Menu(Esc) > Bag > Fishing Tools.
2. Select and equip the fishing tools under each category.
▲ List of owned fishing tools.
① Bait selection
② Control guide
③ Information on the fishing area (wind direction and strength, amount of fish)
④ Hotspot (rare fish can be caught in the hotspot)
1. Approach the fishing area and press [F] to enter fishing mode.
2. Cast your line by clicking the left mouse button after deciding on the casting direction.
The power gauge will appear once you start casting, and casting distance is determined based on power.
3. The mark below is shown while you are waiting.
4. Once you start getting bites, hook the fish by clicking on the left mouse button.
However be careful as there are both real and fake bites. Attempting to hook on fake bites will result in failure.
▲ Real Bite ▲ Fake Bite
5. If you succeed in hooking, press and hold the left mouse button to reel in the fish.
6. If the caution marker below appears while reeling, it means that the fish is resisting. In this case, you must release the mouse button and stop reeling for a brief while. Continuing to reel in the first without releasing the button may cause the line to snap. Once the caution marker disappears, continue reeling by holding the mouse button.
7. The fish is obtained if Iyou succeed in reeling.
Go to Menu(Esc) > Bag > General Items to view the fish you caught.
▲ List of obtained fish.
Fish can be salvaged at a Soul Pyre to obtain cooking or potion materials.
▲ Salvaging fish at a Soul Pyre.
Pearl is a rare and high-value item rarely obtained from fish.
This item is used as material for crafting equipment and core items.
Fish can be sold to NPCs for gold.
Updated on May 5th, 2021
※ This game guide was created based on content available in Bless Unleashed PC.
Some information may differ from in-game content for a certain period of time when there is an update.